With the AARP Credit Card 5 Cash Back, cardholders can expect a 3% cash back at restaurants, 3% cash back at gas stations, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. There are no caps to the number of rewards a cardholder receives. The card also offers $100 bonus cash back after $500 is spent on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening. This offer makes the card very appealing for low spenders. The AARP Visa credit card is issued through AARP and serviced by Chase Bank. AARP members can make the most of this credit card offers.
AARP Credit Card 5 Cash Back Information
- A minimum of 2,000 points ($20) in rewards is what is needed for cash back redemption.
- Chase customers who presently have or have previously had a Chase credit card in any rewards program associated with this offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same rewards program.
- Cardholders who offer their phone numbers to Chase are choosing the option to receive text messages and/ or phone calls as regards all Chase or J.P. Morgan accounts.
- Chase credit card members with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing.
AARP Credit Card 5 Cash Back Benefits
- No annual fee.
- Earn $100 bonus cash back after $500 is spent on purchases in the first 3 months of opening an account.
- Earn 3% cash back at restaurants, 3% cash back at gas stations, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Various ways of redeeming cash back: Direct deposit to a checking or savings account, statement credit, gift card (choose from over 75 retailers), or travel (with no blackout dates or restrictions).
- Rewards don’t get to expire even when the account is closed.
- No reward caps.
- Price protection.
- Return protection with AARP Credit Card 5 Cash Back
- Extended warranty
- Purchase protection if items bought with card are lost or stolen.
- Equipped with EMV chip which is more secure and important for using a credit card in many countries outside the US where chip-enabled card readers are the fashion.
How to Apply for the AARP Credit Card 5 Cash Back
- Visit the AARP credit card homepage.
- Tap on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in all the details required in the fields provided; Name, Address, AARP Membership number and more.
- Tap “Next”
- On the following page(s), enter the necessary information asked for by AARP, accept the terms and conditions and tap “Submit” to submit your credit card application for review.