Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students Visa has a longer introductory APR and more consistent reward earnings than some other student credit card offered by other banks. It offers $100 cash rewards bonus for new cardholders who make at least $500 in purchases within the first 90 days. Cardholders also earn 3% and 2%, on the first $1,500 in combined gas and grocery store purchases each quarter, respectively. All other purchases earn 1% cash back. Additionally you can earn a 10% bonus when you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students Offers
The regular APR is 12.99% to 22.99% based on your credit score. The cash advance APR is 15.99% to 24.99%. A 3% foreign transaction fee applies to purchase made in a foreign currency.
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students Visa Fees
- Balance Transfer Fee – 3% or $10
- Cash Advance Fee – $10 or 3%, $10 or 5%, or $12 based on the type of cash advance
- Late Payment Fees – $27 for the first late payment and $38 for subsequent late payments within six billing cycles.
- Returned Payment – Up to $27
- Penalty Rate –Up to 29.99% (applied when you make a late payment).
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students Rewards Offers
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase
- 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- 3% on gas
On up to $2,500 in grocery/wholesale club/gas quarterly spend.
- No annual fee.
- No expiration on rewards.
Bank of America Cash Rewards for Students Security Features
- Overdraft Protection: This is an additional service to help prevent declined purchases, returned checks or other overdrafts when your eligible Bank of America® checking account is linked to your credit card. Transfer fees may apply.
- Stay Protected: Potential fraud is blocked if abnormal patterns are detected and your intimated. You also get $0 Liability Guarantee for fraudulent transactions.
- Online Shopping Security: By using the free and easy ShopSafe® service when you shop online you generate a temporary credit card number though your real card number remains completely private and protected.
- Chip Cards: Offers chip technology for enhanced security and protection when making purchases at chip-enabled terminals in over 130 countries.
- Paperless Statement Option: You can opt for paperless credit card statements and increase account security while reducing paper consumption.
- Digital Wallet Technology: Shop in-store or in-app using Apple Pay®, Android Pay™ or Samsung Pay, by adding your Bank of America® credit card to your mobile device.
- Online & Mobile Banking: Bank on the go from almost anywhere quickly and securely.
- Account Alerts: Stay on top of your balances through text alerts and several customer email.
- Text Banking: Get the account information you need quickly by text.
- FICO Score: You can access your FICO® Score updated monthly for free within your Mobile Banking app.