Are you looking for a Credit Card that can help you cut costs? BBT Bank Credit Card presents the best option. This Card has one major advantage over other cards – it has no penalty APR. Now, that’s one less fee to worry about. The BBT Bank Credit Card maintains your low-interest rate even if you miss a payment and spares you many common fees.BBT Bank Credit Card is ideal if you want a balance and need to save money on interest; if you want to transfer a balance from a high-interest card and/or purchase an expensive item with the ability to pay over time; if saving money on interest is more important to you than cash back and rewards.
BBT Bank Credit Card Fees & Offers
Introductory Purchase APR
Introductory Balance Transfer APR
- No annual fee
- 3% or $10 balance transfer fee (whichever is smaller)
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- 65% cash advance APR
- 3% or $10 cash advance fee (whichever is smaller)
- $25-$37 late payment fee
- No penalty APR
- No returned payment fee
- Travel accident insurance
- Overdraft protection
- Purchase protection
Introductory 0% APR
The BBT Bank Credit Card has an introductory zero percent interest rate for both balance transfers and purchases for a respectable 15 months. This enables you to consolidate debts from your other high-interest cards and still buy a couple of high-ticket items that you’d like to pay for over time.
No penalty APR
This card has no penalty APR, this makes it a sought-after card for cost-conscious consumers.
No charge of common fees
The BB&T Bright card spares you many common fees, including over-the-credit-limit and returned-payment fees. Even if you have only a small amount due and miss your due date, your late fee won’t be higher than the minimum amount due.
The BBT Bright Card is not a Visa Signature card, but it does come with the Visa Signature purchase-protection benefit. According to Visa, eligible purchases will be replaced, repaired or reimbursed within the first 90 days from the date of purchase.
The BB&T Bright card doesn’t offer a rewards or cash back program of any kind.
How to use the BBT Bank Credit Card
- Transfer your balances from other high-interest cards, but pay off as much as you can, despite the BBT Bank Credit Card low APR
- BBT Bank Credit Card has a 3 percent foreign transaction fee, thus you should avoid using it overseas.
- Use this card when you purchase an expensive item.
How to Apply for the BBT Bank Credit Card
- Go to the card features page and tap on “Open An Account”
- Choose if you’re an existing customer of BB&T on the next page to continue
- Fill your full legal name including suffix if any
- Provide your detailed residence address. Then, specify the length of staying at this address and the housing type.
- Fill in your contact information, like primary and alternate phone numbers along with the email address. Specify if any of the phone numbers is a mobile phone.
- Provide your verification information like birthdate, SSN, mother’s maiden name, existing relation with BB&T, select if you are a US citizen, select identification type from the drop-down menu, and provide the identification number, date of issue, and the expiry date.
- Choose employment status and specify pre-tax annual income
- Tap on the continue button. Then accept the terms and conditions, select if you need a balance transfer and provide relevant information, and submit your online application for approval on the subsequent pages.
Dial 1-800-226-5228 to speak with a customer service agent.