Capital One offers a wide range of credit cards. If you’re a student, you don’t need to browse through the long list; Capital One Journey Student Credit Card is the best option for you. Apart from the obvious fact that it has ‘student’ attached to it’s name, the Journey Credit Card offers services that are truly beneficial for students. Let’s check out the features.
Features of Capital One Journey Student Credit Card
- Cash Back Rewards: Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases. Pay on time to boost your cash back to a total of 1.25% for that month. Cash back amount includes the boost you earn each month you pay your bill on time.
- CreditWise® from Capital One®: Enjoy unlimited access to your credit score and tools to help you monitor your credit profile with CreditWise. It’s free and available to anyone, even if you’re not a Capital One cardholder
- Access a Higher Credit Line: Gain access to a higher credit line with credit steps after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: you won’t pay a transaction fee on purchase when travelling or studying abroad.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase Rate: 99% variable APR
- Fraud coverage: You’re covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Account alerts: Set up personalized email or text reminders to help you stay on top of your account
- Financial tools and tips: Capital One Financial Education site provides tools, tips and resources to help you understand your finances and manage your credit.
Journey® also comes with Visa® Platinum Benefits they include;
- 24-hour travel assistance services: If your credit card is misplaced or stolen, you can get an emergency card, replacement and a cash advance
- Extended warranty: You’ll get additional warranty protection at no charge on items that are purchased with your credit card
- Auto rental insurance: You can rent a car with your credit card and be covered for damage due to collision or theft
- Travel accident insurance: You get automatic insurance for loss of life or limb at no extra charge when you use your credit card to purchase your fare.
- You can use this credit card with Apple pay™ to make purchases on the go.
How To Apply For Capital One Journey Student credit card
- Go to capital one’s website (https://www.CapitalOne.com)
- Search for the Journey Student credit card
- Check to know if you are pre-qualified
- Apply for your card with your personal information (i.e.) Your full name, Your social security number, Your date of birth, Your home address, Your yearly income
- Choose a card and apply
- Wait to receive your card.