The Citi bank Student Credit Card, formally known as Citi Thank You Preferred Card for College Students, comes with more benefits than most student credit cards. If you spend at least $500 within 3 months of account opening, you are awarded with 2500 bonus points instantly.
The Card also offers about 2% cash back on all your spending, from restaurants to entertainment and everything else. You can earn unlimited points that don’t expire as long as your account stays open. Citi Bank Student Credit Card is a good place to start building a good credit file as a student.
Citi bank Student Credit Card Details
- Get 2,500 bonus points after spending $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account.
- 2,500 ThankYou® Points can be redeemed for $25 in gift cards, electronics and other great rewards when redeemed at thankyou.com.
- Earn 2X Points on dining out and entertainment.
- You can also get 1X Points on all other purchases.
- There’s no expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card.
- No annual fee.
- Cardholders also get access to travel and purchase protection benefits.
- Additional features include Price Rewind, travel protection, and concierge services.
Citi Bank Student Credit Card Key APR & Fees
- Purchase Intro APR – 0% for 7 months
- Transfer intro APR – Not Offered
- Regular APR – 15.49%-25.49% (V)
- Annual fee – $0*
- Balance Transfer fee – 4% (min $5)
- Maximum Overlimit Fee – None
- Maximum Penalty APR 29.99% (V)
- Grace Period – 32 days
- Maximum Late Fee – $35
- Online Response – No
- Cash Advance Rate – 26.24% (V)
- Cash Advance Fee –5% (min $10)
- Foreign Transaction Fee – 3%
- Smart Chip – Yes, chip-and-signature.
How to apply for the Citi Bank Student Credit Card
- Visit the website and read more about the card offers.
- Click “Apply Now”.
- Provide all the necessary personal and financial details. This will include your full name, email address, contact address and so on.
- Review your details, accept the terms and conditions.
- Click submit to complete the application.