Google Wallet serves as your mobile wallet allowing you to send and receive money very fast. As the name suggests, Google Wallet is a payment service developed by Google. With it, you can send and receive money from a mobile device or desktop computer. This service comes with zero charges for sending and receiving.
To set up, a Google Wallet account must be linked to an existing debit card or bank account in the United States.
How To Set Up A Google Wallet account
- Be sure your Android device has NFC
- Download the Google Wallet app from the play store
- Launch app by clicking the colourful W icon
- To use the wallet, an account needs to be set up. Click “Get Started” then agree to the terms of service.
- On the next screen link your existing Google account to Google Wallet. You can also set up a new Google account if you do not have one
- Once your Google account is linked to Wallet, you’ll be asked to enter a four-digit Google Wallet PIN and enter it again to confirm. Be sure to remember this.
- Once your Google Wallet account is all set up, you’ll want to add some cards to your Wallet. The most commonly used cards are your Current Account Debit Card and also the Google Wallet Card, which you can add funds to whenever you want. Though in Wallet you can also add membership club cards and some select credit cards.
- Under the “ Tap and Pay” settings, you’ll need to, again, accept the terms of service agreement and then you can choose a default card to pay with if you have filled in multiple cards.
Google Wallet Card
The Google Wallet card can be used to spend money from your Google Wallet balance. Just like a debit card, it is linked to your Google Wallet account and can be used for in-store purchases, with no activation fees required to order and activate the card.
How To Activate The Google Wallet Card
- On the desktop site, select “ Wallet Card and app”.
- On the mobile app, activate your Google Wallet Card by selecting “ Get your card” under “ My Wallet”.
- Your Google Wallet Card will be sent directly to your mailing address.
Google Wallet Merchant Center Account
Do you have an app you would like to sell to Google Play? A Google Wallet Merchant account can help you do so. If you want to submit your app to Google play as a paid app, you need to create a Google Wallet Merchant Center Account following the steps below:
- Sign in to your Google Developer console
- From the side menu tap Reports
From the left menu, tap Financial Reports
- Tap “ Set up a Merchant account now”
- Enter in your business information. Then tap “submit”.
- To receive payments from Google for apps that you sell, you need to specify a bank account in the Google Wallet Merchant Center.