Square Payment App is an application program that redesigns the way people pay for products and services. Can you imagine paying for things without a credit card or cash? That’s exactly the idea behind Square Payment App; you don’t have to carry a wallet around anymore. How convenient!
How Square Payment App Works
- Download the app and create an account. Then, link a credit card or debit card to your Square account and open “tabs” at places you’d like to buy things.
- Your device will automatically detect when you’re close to that shop, and will show your name up at the register, along with your picture.
- Once you’re ready to make a purchase, simply tell the cashier your name. They’ll double check your name with the photo you have on the file with Square, and then click, and you’re done. You don’t even need to take out your phone!
How To Download and Install the Square Payment App
- The app is available on Apple iOS and Android devices only.
- The fastest way to find and download the square point of sale app is to visit square up.com/app on your device’s internet browser, or visit the Apple App Store or Android Google Play Store.
- Before you begin the app download, make sure you have the information needed to get started with Square and your devices software is up to date.
Note: The Square point of sale app is free, but you will be required to set up billing information with Apple or Google in order to download apps from their stores.
How to download the Square App on an iOS Device
- Click the App store icon on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- Click the search icon (magnifying glass) in the navigation bar, search point of sale.
- Click “Get” next to the Square app icon, click “Install” enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID
- Once the download is complete, click open or click the Square icon in your Home screen to open
Note: You may be prompted to connect to Wi-Fi to download the app.
Download the Square app on an Android Device
- Click the Google play icon on your device
- Click the search field or icon (magnifying glass) , search for Square point of sale
- Click the result Square point of sale, “Install”, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download
- Once the app download is complete, click open or locate the Square icon in your homescreen, launch the app.
How To Create A Square Account
Once the download and installation process is complete, you can create an account through the following steps:
- Click Create Account to start the activation process
- You’ll be prompted to enter the following personal information:
Full legal name
Social security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification number (ITIN)
US-based bank account
Date of birth: current credit card regulations require customers to be 18 years of age or older to create a Square account
US home mailing address.