If you’ve been finding it hard to qualify for any SFCU Credit Card due to bad credit, go for the Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card. This Card not only helps you repair your credit, it offers benefits and rewards on every use.
The Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card can use your savings account as collateral, thus if a payment is missed, you need not worry about late payment fees and other consequences.
Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card Benefits
- Cardholder gets 5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott locations with Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card
- 2 point per $1 spent at restaurants, on car rentals and airline tickets, at office supply stores, and for internet, cable and phone services purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other procurements
- 1 Free Night Stay every year after account anniversary at participating Marriott locations
- Cardholders will receive 80,000 bonus points if they spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months of opening an account.
Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card Fees/ Rates
- Annual Fee – $0
- Cash Advance APR – 17.99% (Variable)
- Cash Advance Fee – $0
- Late Payment Fee – $7
- Purchases APR – 17.99% (Variable)
Applying for the Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card
To apply for and get approved for the Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Card, applicant must meet the following requirements;
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid US address
- Applicant must have a valid SSN
- The applicant must be a Member or affiliate of Stanford University
- Applicant must have an SFCU savings account.
How to Apply
- Visit the SFCU enrollment page. This contains two links, one for new enrolment and the other for existing enrollment. Tap the word “here” in the first state to start a new enrollment.
- Select credit cards from the list presented and tap “Enroll Now” to proceed to the enrollment form
- Fill in your First name, Last name, SSN and Member Number to proceed. If you are not a member, un-check the box next to Is Member box and choose one of the selections from the affiliation to the school in the drop-down menu. Tap “Submit” to continue
- Fill in the following details; Marital status, Email address, Physical address, Start date, Status (rent, own, etc.), Home phone, Work phone, Employer, Title (of current work position), Amount and frequency of payment, Start date
- Tap “Next”
- Supply the requested amount of your credit limit, the purpose of the credit card and the card type.
- Select the Stanford Federal Credit Union Secured Visa Credit Card from the drop-down menu and if you wish, select a card design
- Authorize a credit report and confirm that all the details you’ve provided are accurate. To do this, check the boxes in the Credit Report Authorization and Terms and Conditions.
- Tap “Submit” to complete the application.