Are you looking for the credit card with the best rewards for your gas purchases? Here, we bring you the top 5 gas credit cards, that makes your spending much more rewarding. Make a pick from the top 5 gas credit cards listed below;
Top 5 Gas Credit Cards
1. Discover it Chrome | Top 5 Gas Credit Cards
The Discover it Chrome credit card is best for gas and restaurants. This card comes with no annual fee and more benefits.
Discover it Chrome Benefits
- Matches all the cash back earned at the end of a cardholders first year instantly.
- Offers 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter. It needs no sign up. With an additional 1% unlimited cash back, instantly on all other purchases
- Cardholders can redeem their cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards don’t get to get to expire.
Discover it Chrome Fees/Rates
- Annual Fee – None charged
- Purchase Intro APR– 0% for 14 months
- APR – 13.24% – 24.24% Variable
- Balance Transfer Intro APR– 0% for 14 months
- Foreign Transaction Fee – None.
2. Citi Thank You® Premier Card- Top 5 Gas Credit Cards
The Citi ThankYou® Premier credit card is best for travel rewards. Check out the benefits;
Citi Thank You® Premier Card Benefits
- Offers 50,000 bonus ThankYou® points once you make purchases of $4,000 within the first three months of account opening
- Get 3X points on Travel, including Gas Stations
- Cardholderscan earn 2X points on Dining out and Entertainment
- 1X point can also be earned on all other purchases
- Redeem points for $625 in airfare on any airline at anytime, with no blackout dates, if booked through the ThankYou® Travel center, or $500 in gift cards when redeemed at ThankYou.com
- There are no expiration, and no limit to the amount of points you earn on this card
- It’s points transfer option enables you transfer points to participating airline loyalty programs
Citi ThankYou Premier Card Fees/Rates
- Annual Fee – $95, waived for the first 12 months
- APR – 15.74% – 24.74%* (Variable)
- Penalty APR –Up to 29.99% (Variable)
- Balance Transfer Fee – 3% of each balance transfer, $5 minimum
- Cash Advance Fee – 5% of each cash advance, $10 minimum
- Foreign Transaction Fee –0%.
3. AARP Credit Card – Top 5 Gas Credit Cards
The AARP credit card is best for gas and dinning spending. This card has no annual fee charge, it is issued by Chase bank with several benefits;
AARP Credit Card Benefits
- Offers Zero Liability Protection
- Drive to End Hunger: In 2018 Chase, N.A will instantly donate $0.10 for each purchase made at a restaurant using your AARP credit card from Chase to AARP Foundation, in support of Drive To End Hunger.
AARP Credit Card Fees/ Rates
- Annual Fee – $0
- APR – 17.49% to 24.24%, depending on your creditworthiness
- Penalty APR – None
- Balance Transfer Fee – $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance Fee –Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee –3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
4. Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card is best for gas and grocery spending with a sign-up bonus and no annual fee charge. Here we bring you it’s benefits and fees.
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card Benefits
- Get $150 online cash rewards bonus, forspending at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account.
- 1% cash back on every purchase
- 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- 3% on gas, for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter
- There’s no changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- Cardholders, get a 10% customer bonus every time they redeem their cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- Preferred Rewards clients, can increase their bonus to 25% -75%
Bank of America Cash Rewards Credit Card Fees/ Rates
- Annual Fee – None charged
- Purchase Intro APR – 0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles
- APR – 14.24% – 24.24% Variable APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Penalty APR –Up to 29.99% APR.
- Balance Transfer Intro APR – 0% Intro APR for 12 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days
- Balance Transfer Fee – 3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee –3%
5. Blue Cash Preferred Card
The Blue Cash Preferred card is offered by American Express. It is best for purchases at U.S. gas stations and U.S. grocery stores. Here are it’s benefits and fees.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Benefits
- Offers $200 statement credit, once you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new card in the first 3 months
- Get 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) – that implies spending $60 a week at U.S. supermarkets. This could earn a cardholder over $180 back per year
- Earn 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and some U.S. department stores
- Gives 1% back on other purchases
- There’s expanding merchant acceptance in over 1 million more places in the U.S. have started accepting American Express® Cards in the last year
- Receive cash back in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Fees/ Rates
- Annual Fee – $95 annual fee
- Purchase Intro APR – 0% on Purchases for 12 Months
- APR – 14.49 – 25.49% Variable
- Penalty APR –29.99% Variable
- Balance Transfer Intro APR –0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months
- Balance Transfer Fee – Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance Fee – Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee –2.7 of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.