In line with helping people move the way they want with ease, Uber offers a credit card that is very rewarding. Uber Credit Card offers 4% back on dining, 3% back on hotel and airfare, 2% back on online purchases and 1% back on everything else; plus a welcome offer of $100 after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days.
More than just rewards, this card also offers perks such as, phone insurance, access to exclusive events, no foreign transaction fees and more. Uber Credit Card is issued by Barclaycard and can be used anywhere Visa card is accepted.
Uber Credit Card Benefits and Perks
- Get 4% back on dinning, including restaurants, take-out, bars, and UberEATS
- Cardholders earn 3% back on airfare, at hotels, and with travel agencies like Airbnb
- Offers 2% back on eligible online purchases, including Uber (excludes third-party payments like PayPal, Utilities, and so on)
- 1% back on all other purchases
- After your card info is added to your Uber app, you can redeem your points directly for Uber credits.
- Spend at least $5,000 with the card in a given year, and earn a $50 credit, that will be applied to the cost (previous or forthcoming) of streaming services like Netflix, Apple Music, Spotify, HBO NOW, Audible, and the Amazon Prime membership fee, amongst others.
- Pay for your mobile phone bill with your card, and get up to $600 per claim in mobile phone insurance covering damage and theft. Your device gets automatic coverage beginning the month after your phone bill is first charged to your card. You can make up to 2 claims per year, and a $25 deductible will be charged.
Note that, this insurance is only effective after any other available insurance plans have been utilized.
- Cardholders get exclusive access to events with Uber Credit Card
- No foreign transaction fees no matter what –Use your card outside the U.S. with no hidden fees.
- Tap to redeem rewards on the go – Redeem points for Uber credits, gift cards, or cash back with a simple tap.
- Offers Free Fico 8® credit score from Transunion
- Also offers platinum or Visa Signature Benefits
- Gives fraud protection, purchase protection, extended warranty protection.
- Customers also get Travel and emergency assistance, Roadside dispatch, Trip cancellation/Trip interruption insurance ( potential Benefit), Trip accident insurance (Potential Benefit), Auto rental collision damage waiver (Potential Benefit), Baggage delay insurance (Potential Benefit)
Uber Visa Card Rates and Fees
- Annual Fee –None
- Introductory Purchase APR – None
- Regular Purchase APR –15.99%, 21.74%, or 24.74% (Variable)
- Chip Technology – Chip-and-Signature
- Foreign Transaction Fee – 0%
- Introductory Balance Transfer APR –None
- Regular Balance Transfer APR –15.99%, 21.74%, or 24.74% (Variable)
- Cash Advance APR – 25.99% (Variable)
- Penalty APR – See Terms
- Late Fee –Up to $37
- Returned Payment Fee– Up to $37
How to Apply for Uber Visa Card
- Applicants can apply through the Uber app. Simply download the app from your device store and create an account to get started.
- Once you get approved, you can use your card through the app for Uber purchases without waiting to receive the physical card to be mailed to you.
Security on Uber credit card
- Keep your uber credit card secured by removing any credit card you do not use on account to prevent unapproved transactions only leave one credit card on account
- Keep login details safe and do not share to anyone
- Uber also has safety measure to protect customer card from fraud easily and use strong payment processor company that can ensure some level of security on card trasactions.