USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card has a lot to offer to active-duty US military personnel. This includes cash back on daily purchases, security benefits, deployment benefits, shopping protection, travel protection and so much more. This Card charges $0 annual fee and avails several military benefits to its holders.
USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card Fees
- Annual Fee – $0
- Intro Purchase APR – N/A for N/A
- Regular Purchase APR – 40%-26.40% (Variable)
USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card Benefits
- Get up to 2.25% for every $1 spent on cash back on gas and grocery purchases with USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Earn up to 1.25% cash back for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- There are no limits to the amount of points you can earn
Chip-and-Signature & Chip-and-PIN
Concierge Service: You can call to get personal help with all sorts of tasks. This may include; travel planning, making restaurant reservations, finding hard-to-find items, and finding convenient services nearby, wherever you may be.
Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
The SCRA provides help to active-duty service members. It includes benefits like protection for life insurance policies and reduced interest rate on debts incurred before beginning active duty.
USAA will provide an interest rate of 4% for pre-existing USAA credit card debt and loans, and a rate of 6% for other debts like credit card, mortgages, auto loans, and others.
Members of the military who are deployed or deploying can have the interest rate on their USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card reduced to 4% for current balances, new purchases, and cash advances.
Permanent Change Of Station (PCS)
Active-duty members with permanent change of station can have the interest rate on their USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card reduced to 4% for current balances, new purchases, and cash advances.
Qualifying Campaign Level
Members who receive a qualifying campaign medal can receive a rebate for all the interest incurred during their campaign. The qualifying campaign medals include the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal, and the Afghanistan Campaign Medal
- Price Protection: If the item you bought is being advertised for a lower price within 120 days of the purchase, you could be reimbursed for the price difference.
- Extended Warranty: This doubles the manufacturers original warranty, up to a maximum of 2 years for most items.
Travel Protections with USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Travel Assistance Services: This is available when travelling 100 miles or more from home. It provides help like information on travel requirements, locating documents or lost items, or arranging emergency money transfers.
- Worldwide Automatic Travel Accident, Baggage Delay and Trip Cancellation/ Interruption Insurance: This offers insurance in case of a tragic accident funds to reimburse purchases if your bags are delayed, and reimbursement if your trip is interrupted for eligible reasons.
- Rental Car Insurance: This provides coverage against damage and theft of rental vehicles, as long as the rental company’s own insurance is declined.
- Identity Theft Resolution Services: Incase you become a victim of identity theft, this service provides help with contacting the credit card and going through the proper legal proceedings.
- Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement: You are not held liable for unauthorized charges as a result of identity fraud.
How to apply for the USAA Cash Rewards Credit Cards
- Navigate to the USAA Cash Rewards Credit Card page.
- Click “Apply Now”.
- Provide all the required information correctly to complete your application.